Search This Blog

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Surf or Ski

2 weeks from today we find out whether we'll be proud parents of a baby boy or a baby girl.  I really have no preference.  It's a miracle either way.  It reminds me of Cush on Jerry Maguire when he didn't know if he'd get drafted by San Diego or Denver.  He didn't care...he was just excited to become a millionaire and play pro football...just told reporters "I'll either surf or ski".



Fatherhood's not a simple thing.  I'm guessing all fathers look back at times and wonder what they could have done differently.  While I don't think it's rocket science...I do think the key to any good father is courage.  Courage in my mind for fathers is the willingness to self-reflect on what they're doing well and what they need to work on to improve their relationship with their child.  I've been doing a lot of this lately.  I wasn't the best at getting up at 3 am with Laila.  Did it once in a while, but Ali mainly handled the load.  At times I think I was a little naive about the demands of parenthood. I simply can't be that selfish this go around.  If the baby is anything like I was...he/she will demand many helpings of Apple Sauce whenever he/she darn well pleases.  :)  I truly feel this go around I'm going to cherish those moments. I can't wait...just might need to grab an extra nap now and then while I can.

2 weeks from today...we decide whether to buy a lot of blue or buy a lot of pink.  Either outcome will make me smile...and on the inside...I'll either surf or ski!

BC

July 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment