Search This Blog

Friday, October 27, 2017

Why Wear Pink in October

When she put her socks on today, she looked at me and said, "Why are we wearing these?" And we talked about  Breast Cancer and the many women we love who have fought a battle against it. 

When she took her socks off after the game, she looked at me and said, "I lift up other girls at every game. I make sure they never fall. If I think they are going to, I catch them. I get all sorts of bumps and bruises." And she's right; she does.

She handed me her pink socks, "These are a good reminder to be the type of person who lifts people up on and off the field -- when they are sick, when they are sad, when they are feeling weak, when they are struggling. And if we see someone who loses their strength and is about to fall, these are a good reminder to be the type of person who reaches out with whatever strength we have left and catches them...even if that means we end up with a few bumps and bruises."

No comments:

Post a Comment